The COVID-19 vaccine tracker and landscape compiles detailed information of each COVID-19 vaccine candidate in development by closely monitoring their progress through the pipeline.The COVID-19 vaccine tracker:
- Provides summary tables of COVID-19 vaccine candidates in both clinical and pre-clinical development;
- Provides analysis and visualization for several COVID-19 vaccine candidate categories;
- Tracks the progress of each vaccine from pre-clinical, Phase 1, Phase 2 through to Phase 3 efficacy studies and including Phase 4 registered as interventional studies;
- Provides links to published reports on safety, immunogenicity and efficacy data of the vaccine candidates;
- Includes information on key attributes of each vaccine candidate and
- Allows users to search for COVID-19 vaccines through various criteria such as vaccine platform, schedule of vaccination, route of administration, developer, trial phase and clinical endpoints.
The database is updated regularly - twice a week (Tuesday and Friday, 17:00 CET).
Submission of data
All data from independent institutions and vaccine developers are welcome to provide information on vaccine candidates being developed using the information template. Submitted data will be made openly accessible on a regular basis to enable fast data sharing.
Data extraction tools and sources
To ensure the latest information is available, the landscape will be updated twice a week (Tuesday and Friday, 17:00 CET) by searching, gathering and cross-checking data from multiple sources such as the , , WHO ICTRP and from a network of researchers and industry for new candidate vaccines by screening registered trials for clinical
information. Where data is missing, we either do not add any information (blank cells) or we supplement information gathered from press or public releases. We welcome your feedback to help us update or make necessary changes, please note
any updates will only be done twice a week.
These landscape documents have been prepared by the World Health Organization (WHO) for information purposes only concerning the 2019-2020 pandemic of the novel coronavirus. Inclusion of any particular product or entity in any of these landscape documents does not constitute, and shall not be deemed or construed as, any approval or endorsement by WHO of such product or entity (or any of its businesses or activities). While WHO takes reasonable steps to verify the accuracy of the information presented in these landscape documents, WHO does not make any (and hereby disclaims all) representations and warranties regarding the accuracy, completeness, fitness for a particular purpose (including any of the aforementioned purposes), quality, safety, efficacy, merchantability and/or non-infringement of any information provided in these landscape documents and/or of any of the products referenced therein. WHO also disclaims any and all liability or responsibility whatsoever for any death, disability, injury, suffering, loss, damage or other prejudice of any kind that may arise from or in connection with the procurement, distribution or use of any product included in any of these landscape documents.
The R&D Blueprint team is responsible for developing the COVID-19 candidate vaccine landscape database. For questions relating to the collection or sharing of data for novel COVID-19 vaccine candidates, please contact us at: [email protected]